Thursday, January 18, 2007

On to Denver . . . My First Official Appearance!



While in Denver I got to meet Tuff Hedeman (above). You can see more photos from my trip to Denver by clicking here.

I just returned home from the National Western Stock Show and Denver Apparel Market. Don and Shirley Staver of Afton, Iowa own a western store and were kind enough to let me ride along with them and share a motel room in Denver. I was able to help the Staver's pick out clothing and other merchandise for their western store for the rest of the season! It was a lot of fun and makes me want to own a western store! Don and Shirley are fantasic people and I had SO MUCH FUN in Denver! While at the market, I met Tuff Hedeman, Larry and Denise Mahan, and John Lawson, a Jackie Gleason (plays in my all-time favorte movie, Smokey and the Bandit) look-alike who works for Ruddock Shirtmakers. I was able to make many great contacts and see other visiting state rodeo queens, as well as Ashley Andrews (Miss Rodeo America), which was great because I haven't seen them since Las Vegas!

I was able to help out Saturday evening, January 13, at the National Western Stock Show Rodeo. My chaps, beautifully made by Cary Veach of Ankeny, Iowa, made their maiden voyage in an arena atop the Cervi Rodeo Company victory lap horse. I also had fun helping the "short stack" cowboys and cowgirls up out of the dirt after the wool-clad stock gave them a literal "run for their money."

The success of my coronation and the great time I had last weekend in Denver heightens my expectations for excitement and fun times for the upcoming year. I am already thoroughly enjoying myself, and there are many more events to come! With that, I leave you with an ear-to-ear smile and best wishes for safe travels and good days! Take care!

--Amanda